All Pellissippi State students who wish to receive credit for courses taken at an international college or university must submit the required documents to an approved credential evaluation service. This process ensures that students have access to a fair and accurate assessment of the credentials by experienced evaluators. The following guidelines have been set for international credential evaluations at Pellissippi State:
- It is the student's responsibility to initiate the evaluation process with the evaluation service. Please be aware that these services will charge a fee to the student. Please contact the evaluation service to verify the current fee amount.
- After the evaluation service receives all of the required documents from the student, it will submit an evaluation report to Pellissippi State with their recommendations for academic credit.
- Pellissippi State will apply credit from the evaluation report according to the student's major. In some cases the College may require course descriptions or other additional information provided by the student's international college or university.
- Pellissippi State reserves the right to interpret the evaluation report and to determine course equivalencies. Some courses such as English 1010, for example do not have equivalencies at international universities.
- Any questions about this process should be directed to the international admissions coordinator.
Credential Evaluation Services:
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
Current Cost: $120.00 USD
Please visit the web sites of either of these services to learn more. A course-by-course evaluation will be required in order to receive transfer credit. If you have any questions, please contact Admissions and Records at 865/694-6568 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.